Set and Complete your goals for 2017. Actually make the “new year, new me” phrase walk the walk. Enjoy, xoxo!
Let’s be real, when December comes and we can smell the new year around the corner…it’s like everyone’s goal-setting meter sky rockets. The whole “new year, new me” comes out in full swing, which is annoying and cool at the same time. I am alllll for women wanting to grow and change themselves for the better BUT not for those who talk the talk but stay stagnate. We don’t have time for that this year, quit it. It’s like a bad habit. Quit planning goals as if it’s a trend and do it to actually BETTER yourself.
If you want some tips on how to set and achieve your goals for the new year, then read this post I created last year on how to do so. I want you to stomp and slay your 2017, I really do. I want you to have a year where you don’t feel like it did this to you:
I see things along the lines of 2016 being such an awful year for people and I am like dang girl, mine was popping. Now, I understand there are things that happen to us that are out of our control but there are also several things that are within our control. I want you to remember, what you are doing right now will determine: where you are, how you feel, and what you’re doing in about three months from now (Tweet that) and that’s facts.
I think one of the biggest reasons behind such a successful year was because I claimed it and put it into existence – helloooo law of attraction. Your thoughts are so crucial you guys; thoughts become words and words become actions and actions become habits and habits become aspects of your character. Yes, I just went THAT DEEP with y’all because it is soooo true. If you think negatively it will go to the universe and present itself to your present and then you’ll be mad at why you’re in the situation you’re in. So think positively and go watch and/or read The Secret, I watched this January 2016 as well. I tweeted this exact tweet before the new year because that was HOW I wanted MY year to be and I was going to control that by my actions and mindset which is something you can do too.
For 2017, I am claiming that: 2017 is the year being of assistance, collaboration, even more personal discovery + growth and being completely unapologetic in all that you do. I plan to create this as a tweet on Dec. 29th, 2016 at 1:08PM because I am weird and superstitious – laughing but so serious. So look out for that and go show some love – again, laughing but so serious. I want you to take the time to speak the year you want into existence and plan + write down your goals. I am writing and sorting my 2017 into categories this year, take a look:
Blog + Business
- get my certification finalized for newest venture
- build another business (physical location)
- get #SYB up and running and promote it
- make $25,000 in business profits
- redesign Three House Creative (site, services, style)
- pick up more clients
- become more strategic with my blog + businesses
- increase traffic for my blog
- post to She Is Valiant at least 2x a week
- add more video posts and possibly podcasts?
- increase my email list
- invest, invest, invest
- build my design and business portfolio
- continue elevating my brand
- become familiar with new management systems (Trello)
- more things in Photoshop
- advanced coding
- drink 5-6 bottles of water daily
- gain weight (*currently 112 with the goals of 125)
- control weight gain and tone the mess out of my body – legs, back, arms, stomach, booty
- work out 4x a week
- get a meal plan and stick to it
- find a trainer to customize work out plans for meeee
- eat less fast food and drink less soda
- wash my face every single night and cleanse one a week
- keep my hair healthy and growing (April 2016 ear length | November 2016 right past shoulder length)
- travel to 2 places I’ve never been
- attend a major well-known conference for women, business, blogging, etc.
- network, network, network
- continue falling into my purpose
- date a lot of people and explore meeting and learning about people – refrain from serious relationships until month 6 (unless shit happens lol) – jk, say no to a relationship and get that schmoneyyyy $$$$
- collab with more women in my field
- gain more speaking gigs
- volunteer even more, be of assistance
- no C’s
- raise GPA
- take more credit hours
- graduate on time lol (s/o to the class of 2018)
- try to actually enjoy school
Out of this World Goal(s)
- pay for a boob job (still deciding on this lol)
- get an out of state summer internship
- host an in-person workshop (make #SlayYourBrandIdentity local?)
Those are all the goals that I plan to accomplish in 2017 and I want to know yours – be sure to share with me in the comments below or mention me on Twitter (@micahxnicole)!
There you have it! I hope you liked this post, if you did go ahead and stay on the blog and read some more! I don’t disappoint ?
Want to learn how to identify and slay your personal brand? Click here to read on + sign up for my FREE 5 day email course on personal branding. Thank me later, xoxo.