a fun spin on “No Shave November” but we’re changing it to NO men! Join me on this month long challenge of self-love + discovery. Enjoy, xoxo!
I came up with this challenge literally about 5 minutes ago. With
men boys sucking recently, I think it’s the perfect time to get rid of them (only for a month lol), cleanse ourselves from fuck-boy-ery, and dive into a month of me time. Who’s down to join? If you don’t want to, no hard feelings. If you’re sprung over your man, (I hate you) but no hard feelings! I thought this would be something fun to do and document. It’s a month to tackle something on your to-do list, it’s a month of kicking your excuses in the behind, and being independent. I’ll either document via Snapchat or I’ll take pictures doing my single lady and man avoid things and compile + create a post recapping everything to show y’all in December.
5 Reasons to ‘Date’ Yourself (according to eHarmony)
1. Dating yourself gets you out of your comfort zone and into healthy risk-taking mode, especially if you tend to stay away from going out of your home solo or resist doing activities without the company of someone else.
2. Dating yourself reinforces the idea that love and happiness start within, teaching you to look within for the support, encouragement and love that you naturally crave. This puts less pressure on potential partners to be responsible for your happiness and health.
3. Dating yourself increases your self-esteem and worthiness as you actively value and care for yourself. It shows you that you are deserving of great care and attention and helps you expect that (in a healthy way) from your future partner(s).
4. Dating yourself gives you the opportunity to get to know who you are in a deeper way, bringing you insight about what is really important to you. This knowledge is vital to partner selection, attraction and maintaining healthy relationships with others.
5. Dating yourself teaches you to enjoy alone time and how to be independent, furthering the health of your present and future relationships and tying into the healthy balance of separateness and togetherness in relationships. It allows you to be happy with and without a partner.
So how can you participate?
Well rule number 1: no man connections, unless it’s your daddy (your biological ones, ya nasty) or any other male related family members.
Rule number 2: you can’t already be “talking” or “dating” someone and do this challenge, because it’s FULL my, myself, and I status. No testosterone over here child! Below you’ll see a list of male-cleansing, self-loving, solo-time spending activities to choose from and do for the rest of November.
You can decide to do it once a week, 3 times a week, or every day if you want! Just make sure you document these actions and hashtag #NMN or #NoManNovember.
Now, this is just a small list of things you can complete, if you come up with anything else that fits that rules of this challenge then go for it! If you decide to join, please let me know via Twitter (@micahxnicole)! I hope you’re just as excited as I am. Be sure to be on the lookout for my December recap post andddd follow the snap (excuse my quality because my back camera is shattered, sad face.)
little side note…
I have a webinar coming up NOV. 17th at 8PM CT >>>> click here to see what that equals in your time zone. It’s a collaboration with GLAMBAMN, a free membership serving you pre, present & post grad realness to set you up for personal & professional success.
I’ll be dishing out tips on personal branding and how to elevate your own even if it’s not identified yet! You’ll get some face-to-face time with me where you can ask me questions about blogging, branding, my favorite color, who I kissed recently, etc. all while getting educated on how to start changing your lifestyle.
How bomb is that? You’ll get an inside look into my life, FREE brand audits, andddddd even more surprises….but you’ll have to stick around until the end 😉 So put on some comfy clothes, grab a snack, and something to write with! I’ll be streaming November 17th at 8PM CT. I hope you enjoy it, xoxo!
Want to know more, read up about the webinar right hereeeeeee.
There you have it! I hope you liked this post, if you did go ahead and stay on the blog and read some more! I don’t disappoint ? Want to learn how to identify and slay your personal brand? Click here to read on + sign up for my FREE 5 day email course on personal branding. Thank me later, xoxo.